Glad 2023! How did you usher within the new yr? It was a wet and foggy one right here and we stayed residence, had pals come over, smoked brisket, made a hearth, and performed music video games whereas we watched the soccer playoffs. We couldn’t cheer Michigan on arduous sufficient to assert a victory, however Georgia someway pulled it off, aligning the missed subject objective that secured the “w” completely in sync with the ball drop. We had two TVs arrange and to observe them concurrently happen was unbelievable.
I swear that adrenaline rush of a recreation is the one factor they stored us as much as midnight; I’m so glad for my Georgia bulldogs! We let the children watch for the primary time to usher within the new yr with us and all of us did a cheers at midnight- glowing apple juice for the children and a glass of prosecco for the adults. Please get pleasure from mine and Hailey’s “we gained!/glad new yr!” faces.
A late night time meant we began off day certainly one of 2023 just a little sleepy. The youngsters and I rewatched your complete Georgia recreation with rather a lot calmer nerves, then we received up and going. I put a pork butt on to gradual prepare dinner, then David and I went for an interval run (jog a mile, run 1 minute, stroll 1 minute, run 2 minutes, stroll 2 minutes, run 3 minutes, stroll 3 minutes, then again down the ladder). 4.08 miles in 56 minutes; quickest mile was 9:58 and slowest (strolling with Finley) mile was 20:04. It was a enjoyable problem and I preferred monitoring it on my Apple Watch that I plugged again in for the primary time in months.
The ladies performed some basketball, I did a sauna bag session, then I cooked the collards and black eyed peas and reduce up the tomatoes. It’s our conventional new yr day feast to carry cash, luck, and love within the new yr. It was scrumptious.
Initially I deliberate to begin again to high school this week, however determined we wanted a buffer week. It’s been nonstop chaos (enjoyable, however chaotic) from the kick off to Christmas to getting the home de-Christmasfied, to internet hosting New Years.
I want every week to get my ft again underneath me. I additionally haven’t had any time to mirror on the brand new yr. I’m undecided if I’m making particular objectives or not, however I’d prefer to mirror on this previous yr and set some intentions for 2023. It has the potential to be a extremely thrilling yr for us, however after making the identical announcement in 2020, then 2020 going the way it went, I really feel like I’ve discovered to carry off on making huge proclamations and as an alternative, share as issues unfold.
The plan for the week:
- Begin getting the children again to regular bedtime and wake ups. In mattress by 8:30; up by 8:00.
- Use the “my day” charts (free on the useful resource web page) to offer the children an expectation of what their days appear like, together with their obligations. They’ll have chores and a few gentle studying to ease again in (math, Thriller Science, Kiwi Crate containers, and many others). I printed them and laminated them yesterday.
- Peruse the Chemistry Collect Spherical Unit we’ll start subsequent week to assemble provides and lesson plan.
- Get via the laundry and have the home absolutely put again collectively and clear.
- Make a meal plan and implement.
- Exercise day by day.
- Spend time reflecting on 2022- highlights, what went nicely, what didn’t work. Spend time planning for 2023- habits, priorities, plans.
That’s it! Easy, however by the point Friday roles round I hope to be experiencing a clearer and extra centered thoughts. I’ve already checked off the meal plan; right here’s what we’re having this week! A brand new yr well being objective for David is to give attention to getting sufficient protein, even when it means consuming lunch, which traditionally he hasn’t been in a position to do at work. However now it’s a precedence (yay!) and I’ll be curious to see the way it results our grocery invoice (I plan to proceed monitoring after your optimistic suggestions).
- Sunday: pulled pork, collard greens, black eyed peas, tomatoes
- Monday: gradual cooker meatballs over spaghetti and zoodles (or palmini)
- Tuesday: brown sugar glazed salmon, inexperienced beans, and rice
- Wednesday: hamburgers with roasted potatoes and broccoli (Hailey’s selection as a result of she will get braces of Thursday!)
- Thursday: hen noodle soup (simple to slurp for sore tooth and making a double batch to carry to a pal)
- Friday: Shepherd’s pie (one other gentle meal and certainly one of Hailey’s favorites)
- lunches: hen tortilla soup, leftovers, sandwiches
- breakfast: potato and veggie hash, fruit, eggs
Do you do a mirrored image/intention setting session for the brand new yr? Do you comply with a sure protocol when you do? Are you continue to getting your ft again underneath you, too? Or are you able to tackle 2023?